[Mccoypottery-talk] ebay seller wannabe

McCoyPottery.com List Mom listmom@mccoypottery.com
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 02:52:03 -0600

On Jan 2, 2004, at 7:22 PM, Vonda De Lorenzo wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I was a member of the old round robin and McCoy list where you told a
> little about yourself so people could know a little about us as
> collectors.  I've recently re-signed with this list.

Glad to have you back!

> I had a small booth in the local antique mall when it first opened and
> kept it for about a year and a half until it started costing me
> money!  Also did a few of the local shows, Midland and Mason,
> Michigan.
>
> Anyway!  I got myself a digital camera for Christmas and opened a new
> account on eBay to start selling.  Any suggestions out there for me on
> what to do and not to do.  I was reading the discussion board re:
> Paypal and just about changed my mind.  I would also consider starting
> a web page for my "shop", but am fairly sad in the design department.
> Should I just down load the one that Yahoo or MSN offer, do I need a
> "domain"?  What's the difference between paying monthly fees or yearly
> fees to have the web site?

eBay is pretty self explanatory.  Just make sure you insure your items,
if they are McCoy's, and take care in packing and shipping.  If you are
looking to just sell it for a set price you might consider contacting
Terry at mccoy@mccoypottery.com.  Since the December launch of our new
Store at http://store.mccoypottery.com we have had great success
selling McCoy Pottery.  We offer a listing till it sells service where
we list the item for you using your photos and description, handle the
billing, etc., collect the cash, minus a small fee based on the sale
price.  There is no limit on the number of items you can list, and
listing is FREE.  You only pay if it sells.  There is no time limit
either.  You get the added benefit of the McCoyPottery.Com seal of
approval so to speak.  We verify that all items we list are 100% the
Real McCoy, not repros!

Anyway, you can visit store.mccoypottery.com online or
cookiejarstore.com to get a look at the store.

> I think my local server told us we could have a web page when we first
> went with them, but now can't find how to do it on their site or get
> them to answer emails.

If you decide you would like to do it yourself we do offer eShox
eCommerce hosting.  If you plan to use your own host, eShox licenses
are just $99/yr.  eShox is an easy to set up and maintain eCommerce
system that runs on Linux, BSD, MacOSX and more.  We use hostdrive.com
for the hosting end of things.  Again, a look at store.mccoypottery.com
will give you an idea of what an eShox store looks like.  If you would
like more info, let me know.

> How did everyone else do it?  How much time does it take to maintain
> it.  How do you determine handling charges?  Shipping charges seem
> pretty straight forward.  Do you use just one source to mail?  USP,
> UPS, FEDEX????

There are several ways.  The system we have built communicates in real
time with UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc., accepts PayPal, real time Credit Card
Gateway authorization, and more.  If you are looking to spend time
selling your stuff, rather than setting up a site, I would suggest
considering selling by way of cookiejarstore.com or
store.mccoypottery.com

> Thanks to all!  Have a safe and happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you and yours as well.

Regards,
The List Mom
McCoy Pottery Online
http://www.mccoypottery.com