[Mccoypottery-talk] ebay seller wannabe, Part1

Ohio Pottery & Glassware capriherb@earthlink.net
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 13:15:14 -0500

Vonda:
My message got returned as too long.  Here is the first part and look for a
second one as well.
I'll attempt my opinion answers to your questions in your post.
Hope this helps!  I see other sellers who try to discourage others to get on
board and sell on eBay.  My thoughts are the more of us there are, the more
people will go there to find what they want.
When I buy, my first rule is the more rare and unusual, the better.  I've
sold a collection of smoking pipes, Cast iron bottle opener collections, and
just about anything collector related through the years.  I started out
selling linens several years ago.
I've also been on eBay since 1998 and have bought and sold a bit through the
years.
Anyway, your message is below and I'll answer as well as I can.

 1. Anyway!  I got myself a digital camera for Christmas and opened a new
account on eBay to start selling.  Any suggestions out there for me on what
to do and not to do.
Buy a bunch of little (under $10.00) things first.  Get your feedback up to
around 25.  That means a lot to most buyers.  Even if it's just book matches
for $2.00 or something really cheap and small, put the investment into
getting your feedback established.

2, I was reading the discussion board re: Paypal and just about changed my
mind.
Paypal is expensive to the seller, but it is very nice and generates
immediate returns.  Open a separate checking account and use that to hook to
your paypal account.  Don't hook it to your main checking account.