[Mccoypottery-talk] Re:Jensen McCoy link

Kevin Reffitt kreffitt@pbtcomm.net
Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:10:35 -0400

Chiquita,

Sorry, I got a little peeved there.

No, the site he had at jensenmccoy.com was really ours.  We paid for, and
was never reimbursed for, a site that featured his "new" products under the
Jensen McCoy mark.  When we left, we took the site down.  He had a presence
at http://www.wholesalecentral.com , but it looks like he's gone from there
also.

Chiquita, this is not directed at you, but to the list in general.  Last
year I was involved in a major battle with the City of Wagener over it's
unwillingness to do anything about Roger and his business.  Not only was he
hurting the collector, but he was taking advantage of the local people.  I
posted on this list just a few things that he was involved in, like abusing
handicapped individuals, and violating child labor law.

The mayor of Wagener refused to hear our plea to do something about this
jerk, saying that he doesn't see the harm Roger was causing with his
product (he completely ignored the mounting evidence of his local
abuses).  I had a GREAT idea, and asked for the help of this list.  I
provided a mailing address to the Town of Wagener, and asked the list
members to write our mayor and explain just HOW Roger was hurting the
collectors.  I asked that not only THEY write, but pass the word on to
others that might want to help.

The mayor received, by my count, ONE (1) letter.

Here we had a chance to make a difference, to really do something about the
problem, and we cast our chance aside.  We had a chance to take a stab at
the heart of the fake market, and failed ourselves.

We will NEVER make a difference going after the ebay seller that sells
Roger's jars.  They can buy these jars at quite a few wholesale outlets.
and are just selling what is available to them.  Can't blame them for
trying to make a buck in this economy.  The blame falls on the manufacturer
that scratches McCoy on the bottom of his jars, and now the blame falls on us.

If we are unwilling to even take a few moments out of our lives to write a
real, stamp on the envelope, business class letter, then fingering the end
seller is pointless.

This is why I haven't started the series of articles I promised.  I've been
feeling like nobody really cares, except for gossip's sake.

Getting off soapbox....
Kevin