[Mccoypottery-talk] Nashville

david mcCoy damitboy@yahoo.com
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 00:08:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Mark and everyone else,
I kinda like it when people get wordy. This talk list
has been kinda quiet as of late, so I am going to get
a little chatty now, lol.
About 2 weeks ago, a new antique/gift store opened in
a area that my wife and I frequent. We stopped in
after visiting out local dairy queen(MMMMMM dipped
cones). Well when we opened the door, we were politely
told that they were not open yet, that they would be
open in a week or so. As we turned to walk out, the
lady said we were welcome to look around if we wanted
to, so we took her up on her offer. Well sure enough
we found some mccoy and at the end of the display
shelf for mccoy, guess what we found? NOOO it wasnt a
black mammy LLRH CJ, LOL, but it was a LLRH CJ marked
mccoy, with a price over $200. Thanks to this group
and the very informative books and websites, I asked
her if she was aware that mccoy never made that CJ.
She seemed suprised by this info.
Well anyway, I went back there yesterday, and lo and
behold the mccoy tag and price was removed. I talked
with the lady at lenght, she thanked me for the info.
I kinda enjoyed it, I must say.
Anyway, I must thank many members of this list for
their knowledge and willingness to share it, also the
infectious enthusiasm for mccoy, which has turned this
mccoy boy into a full blown addict.
Ya'll have a nice weekend,
Dave