[Mccoypottery-talk] New Brush McCoy Site!

Ohio Pottery & Glassware capriherb@earthlink.net
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:38:00 -0400

To Terry and All:
  I apologize for bringing up another web site.  I thought (and guess I
assumed incorrectly) that we are all collectors, not competitors and that
any information gained is a gain for the full McCoy Collecting Community.
So I apologize that you took it as my mention of a new site is the same as
trying to give you competition.  Your site is very nice and referred to by
me frequently.
Now all that said, I really felt that your site was basically Nelson McCoy
oriented and there were indeed 2 McCoy potteries, Brush and Nelson.  I know
many on this list also collect Brush McCoy and this will eventually be a
good resource for them.

As to paid subscriptions, all you have to do is upload one photo to the site
of a piece of Brush McCoy and it's free, no subscription.  I don't think the
web developer really wanted the money, just made a good incentive to get
folks to share their photos of their collections.
Again, I'll go back to lurk mode.  It seems that I have a tendency to get
feathers riled up here....

Jennifer  & Rodney Smith
Capriherb@earthlink.net
Baltimore, Ohio