[Mccoypottery-talk] I hope this does not offend anyone

elizabeth custer shortcake7502@yahoo.com
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:36:51 -0800 (PST)

It is too bad that in a lot of areas we don't have a choice about the items we buy because America doesnt' manufacture a lot of items we need.  I agree...

Chris Jubic <cjubic@nycap.rr.com> wrote:KUDOS TO CAROLYN!
----- Original Message -----
From: carolyn graves
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 8:01 AM
Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] I hope this does not offend anyone

HI All,
 Let me start by saying I do not wish offend anyone on the list,and I wasn't going to respond to the commits made by Alyce,but I unfortunately for ya'll I can't stay quite about them.  So I will apologize now for anything I might say that offends anyone.

I wish I could say that I only buy American, but like EVERYBODY else I cannot say that. I can say that I American whenever possible.We have 5 auto's and they are all American made,but the parts in them come from Japan,Mexico and China. How do I know this because my husband is and mechanic and he knows parts. So if you can honestly say the you have NEVER bought anything but American then you have the right I guess to be rude and offensive,but like the rest of us you I don't believe you can say this in all HONESTY.  How am I so sure about this because I work for the worlds largest retailer and even though we buy American when we can we also buy import and I know that at one time or the other everybody has shopped in one of our stores.  I am sorry but yes I did take offense to your commits for a few reason number one you try to blame everybody for taking away the jobs of you husband and your sons,but you excluded yourself in that. Someone once said "HE WHO HAS NOT SINNED CAST THE FIRST
 STONE" I also took offense because we live in a FREE COUNTRY and I have the right to. This is the right that my Father,my Brothers and my SON gave to me when they fought for it.

I will come down off my soap box and say THANKS to ALL for listening.
Carolyn

Do you Yahoo!?