[Mccoypottery-talk] info on fakes

Ohio Pottery & Glassware capriherb@earthlink.net
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:27:26 -0500

I want to point out an error of omission from the post below.
Rosso does NOT sell fake Fenton!  They commission Fenton Art Glass to make
special items for their exclusive sale.
They do the same with Moser Glass in Cambridge Ohio and other glass houses.
I just don't understand why they want to sell fake McCoy and fake Hull when
they sell some really great glassware that is highly respected.
Jennifer

Jennifer  & Rodney Smith
Baltimore, Ohio
<http://www.OhioPotteryandGlassware.com>
<http://stores.ebay.com/id=1857615&ssPageName=L2>

-----Original Message-----
From: mccoypottery-talk-admin@lists.mccoypottery.com
[mailto:mccoypottery-talk-admin@lists.mccoypottery.com]On Behalf Of
BigBVideo@aol.com
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 2:10 PM
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] info on fakes

For some of the newer members to the list, one good source for checking out
some of the fakes being sold as McCoys is the Rosso Wholesale Glass
company's
website. whiterabbitonmain apparently buys so many "collecitble" scotty dog
planters and colorful Mammy cookie jars from Ross that they have to ship
from
THREE different locations!     rock_of_memories is apparently a good
customer
also, selecting vintage McCoy and Fenton pieces, though they make  no claim
their age.  glassoffaith must be getting daily deliveries from Rosso with
all
those listings for wall pockets and frogs.  And of course, we all know that
fayes_southern_memories is failing her, and she can't remember if Little Red
Riding Hood was a McCoy or Hull cookie jar, so she orders BOTH! What luck
for her
that Rosso's has them!