[Mccoypottery-talk] Check it out......

elizabeth custer shortcake7502@yahoo.com
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:59:35 -0800 (PST)

I was curious how you knew too.  I have never bought anyhting fron Ebay but i do look on there and see what is available.  For us it is the thrill of the hunt.  Curious though how you can tell what is up with an Ebay seller...

"McCoyPottery.com List Mom" <listmom@mccoypottery.com> wrote:
On Mar 27, 2004, at 8:55 AM, Jerry Reedy wrote:

> This person looks legitimate to me. Why do you think she isn't?

This is NOT Faye.. Trust me on this.. While this certainly does not
appear to be the Real McCoy, and I really doubt McCoy ever made a
"Chilly Willy" cookie jar?
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&category=13924&item=3282926488) This seller is pretty legit..

Things to look for in an eBay auction that are sure fire indicators of
fraud and deceit:

1. Feedback is PRIVATE or below 95% positive
2. Sellers items are pretty much all the same. For instance, this
seller has like 2 McCoy's (or so they are listed) for sale, amongst
Hulls, and non-pottery items, etc... Faye tends to have nothing buy
fake/repro pottery items for sale.
3. Buy it now pricing or low reserve on McCoy's that would typically
sell for a lot more.

Anyway, this seller also has a Little Red Riding Hood for sale, but has
NOT listed it as a McCoy.. Faye would do that.

I think this seller is just mis-informed, ie., does not know what they
are selling.

With the low buy it now price they have, they may know it is a fake
though.. Anyway, this is NOT Faye...

Regards,
The List Mom
McCoy Pottery Online