[Mccoypottery-talk] patent

Ohio Pottery & Glassware capriherb@earthlink.net
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:39:33 -0500

Terry:
Okay, one of the 2 McCoy Clubs has someone produce commemorative items for
sale.  They do this for a year and the items have the McCoy mark on the
bottom.
As these groups are selling these items, that makes them commercial.
This is how the HCA is able to protect the Heisey trademark.  They issue 2
or 3 pieces in very limited production yearly which keeps them as the owners
of the trademark.
So that hurdle is easily fixed....
That's what I'm saying.. instead of us McCoy nuts just sitting back and
complaining, I'm willing to put my $$ where my mouth is, so to speak.
Are there club Directors on here?

Jennifer  & Rodney Smith
Baltimore, Ohio
<http://www.OhioPotteryandGlassware.com>
<http://stores.ebay.com/id=1857615&ssPageName=L2>

Hello everyone:
I admire everyones interest in the trademark, however not to burst the
bubble, but in order to do so is more than just the fee. In order to
register you must be in the business of commercially making and selling
the product that uses the trademark.  Since noone is making and using the
mark it can not be registered. The process does examine the application
and investigates whether it is now and has been used commercially as a
product by the registering party in the past year.  Cheers!  Terry