[Mccoypottery-talk] Fayes feedback, why?

Ohio Pottery & Glassware capriherb@earthlink.net
Sat, 1 May 2004 07:46:04 -0400

The "real" reason eBay has private bidders is not to cloak the Faye's of
this world with privacy but for a totally different reason.
I've done a couple of auctions with private bidders when I knew that the
buyers all know each other and won't bid against each other.  This keeps
them from knowing in advance (without actually emailing all their friends)
who is bidding on an item.  It actually brings the prices up to me as a
seller.
The 2nd scenario is even better....  I know several people who will NOT bid
on something until the last minute because many people follow their "buyers"
list.  When they bid on something everyone else would too knowing it to be a
good piece (blenko glass which is unmarked is a good example).
But the Faye's of this world have ruined the private bidders thing totally.

Jennifer  & Rodney Smith
Baltimore, Ohio
<http://www.OhioPotteryandGlassware.com>
<http://stores.ebay.com/id=1857615&ssPageName=L2>