[Mccoypottery-talk] Hull LRRH CJ

~barb xmascookie@thecookiejar.net
Wed, 12 May 2004 13:22:20 -0500

At 11:37 AM 5/12/2004, you wrote:
>I have to disagree.
>
> >>That face is an exceptionally beautiful rendition, and not
> representative of the typical LRRH line.  Usually the cheeks are of "high
> color", to the point of being harsh, and the lips are not as well done as
> your example.  Remember that these jars were mass produced and painted by
> different people with different levels of talent.<<

That's very true..  it's always amazing that the very jars (other
companies)  that were considered seconds years ago and finished with gold
paint are the jars that go for so much money today.

I do think the face is beautiful on that one, but it's also very similar to
two that I have. If someone is going to buy one, they  should go for the
exceptionally beautiful rendition... ~vbg~
To me, the reproductions and fakes are very obvious in the face, etc. I
personally have not seen a reproduction that is as pretty as the jar
referenced, as they also are much more harsh.

 >>>I'm at the point where I think I need to give a series of classes here
on this forum on how to research, techniques uses by different
manufactures, and tell tale signs of real verses fake.<<

I think that's a great idea and it would be great to put it up permanently.