[Mccoypottery-talk] Hull LRRH CJ

Ohio Pottery & Glassware capriherb@earthlink.net
Wed, 12 May 2004 16:11:54 -0400

Barb:
That is the general consensus plus the Hull collectors at convention last
year said that the really white one's are the later Regal produced ones and
the creamier colored clay is Hull.  I can say that when I have had the
opportunity to hold the 2 different colored clay ones together that the
whiter one is also a bit lighter.
I still think that the jar that said it was restored is a fake.  I saw the
decals for sale somewhere last year so they are available.  I believe it was
in the Hull category on eBay.  Also Regal made the Old McDonald series which
goes beautifully with the LRRH pieces as well.  Colors are the same and
everything!
Hull did decorate the early ones (at least) which are marked usually patent
pending instead of with the patent # on them.

Jennifer  & Rodney Smith
Baltimore, Ohio
<http://www.OhioPotteryandGlassware.com>
<http://stores.ebay.com/id=1857615&ssPageName=L2>

-----Original Message-----
From: mccoypottery-talk-admin@lists.mccoypottery.com
[mailto:mccoypottery-talk-admin@lists.mccoypottery.com]On Behalf Of
~barb
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 3:37 PM
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] Hull LRRH CJ

This doesn't answer your question -- but here is a copy of the LRRH patent.
http://collectibles.about.com/library/articles/blpatentlrrh1.htm

What I was told about Regal vs Hull was a little different. The dealer
referenced here has one of  the largest LRRH collections in the US. If not
the largest, it's pretty darn close. He has also been a dealer in pottery,
etc. for many years.
http://collectibles.about.com/library/articles/blhulllrrh.htm

At 01:37 PM 5/12/2004, you wrote:
>I told my friend that even tho he's looking for a Hull... not McCoy CJ,
that
>this group would have some good advise... and I certainly was right! Thank
>you
>guys for giving such helpful input. I've learned alot about the LRRH myself
>in reading and looking at the links you've sent.
>
>And Kevin, your advice is exactly what I started out telling him. I just
>didn't have many Hull references bookmarked. I have enough of a  time
>keeping up
>with the McCoy fakes! I have a bunch of links that I refer to on a regular
>basis for McCoy... along with my books.
>
>I do have another question about the different styles tho. One of the links
>refer to regularly had this to say about the Hull CJs.
>
>" One of the biggest areas of concern and of misinformation in the
>marketplace is regarding the Little Red Riding Hood line that the Hull
>Pottery Company
>started. It is true that Louise Bauer received the patent number 135889
>for the
>Hull Pottery Company with the original LRRH Open Basket Cookie Jar in 1943.
>However, the Hull Pottery Company ONLY created the original Open Basket
>Cookie
>Jar ("patent applied for") and then under this patent number the Open
Basket