[Mccoypottery-talk] new ebay listing

david mcCoy damitboy@yahoo.com
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:32:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi Nancy and everyone,
This is the 3rd week of the listing. I hope I get as many responses as I have in the last few weeks. If I get more responses, I will be more than happy to detail them on the list. Heck I'll be thrilled even if we can help one person to not get suckered by the Faye's of  the world.
Ya'll have a nice weekend,
Dave

NM Spruill <nmspruill@mchsi.com> wrote:
Hi Dave.

I have not responded to you on the McCoy List, but I did on your eBay listing. It's a real help to new and old collectors.
I have been collecting longer than I want to say. I had some personal problems, and I was not keeping up with some of the repro's.

I got burned pretty bad, but the seller didn't post the items as McCoy. Two vases were not marked, but some one emailed the seller and told here they were McCoy, and she added that to here description. I didn't question the seller about the height  on anything else, but when they arrived. I didn't have to measure them., The mold was excellent and the paint and firing "were to die for", but they were repros.

I just told myself, once burned a lesson learned. I was to embarrassed to tell anyone  I had been burned at the time

I think what you are doing is a gift to all collectors. I hope you will post some of the inquires and responses to your eBay experience. I want to Thank You from my heart for What you are doing for all of the collectors.

Thanks again,

Nancy

----- Original Message -----
From: david mcCoy
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 4:23 PM
Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] new ebay listing

Hi Ya'll,
Well, I have relisted the advice listing, the new number is 3761771664, if any of you wish to leave comments like we have been doing I will be glad to post them on the listing. I have responded to probably 40 to 50 inquirys to the listing and have provided the links to many websites including this one. I am sure we have helped several folks avoid getting duped, and hopefully we can help many more. I also encourage all of them, if they are going to collect mccoy, to join this list :)

Have a nice day,
Dave

PS I will be out of town this weekend, so I will respond to any comments on the listing as soon as I get back.