[Mccoypottery-talk] new ebay listing

NM Spruill nmspruill@mchsi.com
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:55:55 -0500

Hi Dave.

I have not responded to you on the McCoy List, but I did on your eBay listi=
ng. It's a real help to new and old collectors.
I have been collecting longer than I want to say. I had some personal probl=
ems, and I was not keeping up with some of the repro's.=20

I got burned pretty bad, but the seller didn't post the items as McCoy. Two=
 vases were not marked, but some one emailed the seller and told here they =
were McCoy, and she added that to here description. I didn't question the s=
eller about the height  on anything else, but when they arrived. I didn't h=
ave to measure them., The mold was excellent and the paint and firing "were=
 to die for", but they were repros.=20

I just told myself, once burned a lesson learned. I was to embarrassed to t=
ell anyone  I had been burned at the time

I think what you are doing is a gift to all collectors. I hope you will pos=
t some of the inquires and responses to your eBay experience. I want to Tha=
nk You from my heart for What you are doing for all of the collectors.

Thanks again,

Nancy

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: david mcCoy=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 4:23 PM
  Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] new ebay listing

  Hi Ya'll,
  Well, I have relisted the advice listing, the new number is 3761771664, i=
f any of you wish to leave comments like we have been doing I will be glad =
to post them on the listing. I have responded to probably 40 to 50 inquirys=
 to the listing and have provided the links to many websites including this=
 one. I am sure we have helped several folks avoid getting duped, and hopef=
ully we can help many more. I also encourage all of them, if they are going=
 to collect mccoy, to join this list :)

  Have a nice day,
  Dave

  PS I will be out of town this weekend, so I will respond to any comments =
on the listing as soon as I get back.