[Mccoypottery-talk] question off subject

david mcCoy damitboy@yahoo.com
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 04:45:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Jeanne,
Is there any chance of you sending me a photo? My mother is German and she may be able to help with identification and use. I am leaving town today and will not be back until Wednesday of next week. If you can send photos to me privately, I will see what we can do when I get back in town.
Does anyone on the list have any ideas about where to mchunt in Tucson AZ.???

Dave

Short049@aol.com wrote:
I bought a piece of pottery at an auction that is white from Germany. It has a bright blue V with a butterfly on it for a mark plus the word Germany. It looks like an 8" 'O" with 3 slits in the top of it and has three little feet. It is only about 2" tall.  My question is that a man at the auction said it was a humidifier. That people would fill it with water to add moisture to the room. Does anyone know it this is true? I don't know what else you would use it for? any help you can give me would be appreciated.  I learn a lot from you all.
Thanks,  Jeanne