[Mccoypottery-talk] have ya'll seen fayes newest?

david mcCoy damitboy@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:53:36 -0700 (PDT)

I think I have seen that name along with fayes at the same time. dont know if she had 2 id's or if this is someone else selling crap, dang ebay terrorists, wish I had a missle for em.
Dave

Julie Peterson <silversurfer00@comcast.net> wrote:
Did anyone notice that Faye changed her name again?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's Rock of Memories now. How is it, that she keeps getting away with this?
----- Original Message -----
From: david mcCoy
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] have ya'll seen fayes newest?

Hi James,
I agree completely with Betty. The extremely knowledgeable folks on this list have been helpful beyond words to me, particularly when I was just getting started. The one thing that was stressed was education......study the books and websites. And above all, dont be afraid to ask for help. Some of the foremost collectors of McCoy pottery are part of this list, and I still consider it an honor to be able to communicate with them!

Dave

James, until you get confident in your own ability to spot the fakes, foneys and fayes famous finds, the safest way is to rely on those with more experience.  If you find something on ebay that you have never seen in a McCoy book it probably isn't McCoy at all but ask for Help. Ask some of the very knowledgable people here to go look at the item.   Learn to spot the dealers that sell only the phoney stuff.  This dealer leads the list.  Betty.