[Mccoypottery-talk] speaking of roseville.........

david mcCoy damitboy@yahoo.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 20:38:21 -0700 (PDT)

The sale I went to earlier had a nice looking piece of roseville on a table, a jardinier. It had a tag for $18 on it, and said "New Roseville". I asked the dealer about the "new" roseville label on it. He said that there are chinese imports of this pottery marked roseville. Ya'll may have already known this, but it was news to me. It was marked roseville on the bottom just like other known pieces that I have seen.

Dave

MidwestVintage@aol.com wrote:
  I just need to know for sure that this jardiniere I lucked upon is for sure what I think it is.  I think it is Rosevilles Tourist jardiniere, but my book only shows the vase and I would like more pictures to compare it to. They aren't marked. I also picked up a very large 15 1/2" Roseville Carnelian vase.  I got both of these at very very very good prices so I am pretty excited.  All the dealers went to the other auction so I picked up some Hull, McCoy, Depression glass and of course the Roseville.  I am sure they are authentic, just not sure of the pattern.  Can I send a picture for you to look at?

                                Julia