[Mccoypottery-talk] Guide to Fakes

Curly79065@wmconnect.com Curly79065@wmconnect.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:03:00 EST

Ok folks i have set here and read all the post on this subject so i am going
to put my 2 cents in..
first off kevin let me say that the guide you have put out is good,and
hopefully it will get around to the people who need it and not the just the fake
sellers...
now here is my problem with this when i went in and checked your other
autions you are selling the same jars that you have in your guide. i know that they
are reproduction jar and yes you have they were "inspired by " but do you
really think that a new collector can seperate the real from the other... and are
they going to understand that what you are selling are not original?i say this
because i had to read the desciption twice to make sure what you were
saying... maybe if you were to word the description differnt and make sure that there
is a pic of your mark on the jars
then maybe that would help? i think that maybe what some are trying to tell
you i don't know that for a fact but maybe? anyone is free to correct me if i'm
wrong.

now as far as the comment that someone might be able to afford to pay
hundreds of dollars on a jar where someone else might not be able to and this is the
only way to get the jar i have to disagrre with that statement for 2 reasons
first it should have not been made and second if you are a collector you will
find a way to get the original I have at least 20 mccoy jars all original and i
have not paid more than 90.00 for a jar and that was my mammy, i have the
pontiac jar that i gave around 40.00 for in mint condition off ebay. my feeling
is if you want it you will either find a way to pay for it then or wait because
a better deal i bound to come around. Patients is all it takes ...
ok i will get off the soap box for now.