[Mccoypottery-talk] Announcement

Jennifer Smith capriherb@earthlink.net
Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:44:01 -0400

It is with deep regret that I have to make this first announcement, but I
felt I should go ahead and let the lists know what is happening!
We are closing our shop.  Our last day open will be Friday.
But there is also good news as well!
We are going into a partnership with the new Ohio Glass Museum in Lancaster!
http://www.ohioglassmuseum.com/

Most of our shop inventory, including all Fenton, will be moved into the
gift shop at the museum and we will be selling from there through a
consignment arrangement.   All our display cases will be moved into the gift
shop as well!  So although I won't be involved in the day to day operation
of our shop, we will be 3 blocks away, just managed by the museum instead of
having to be open at our own storefront daily.
After Rodney is recuperated from his surgery, I will be taking a more active
roll of some fashion with the museum as well, which is thrilling for me!
My focus will then also turn to internet marketing more and more, much like
it was a year ago.  I have been working, cleaning out what was once a
workshop on the farm, and has been used for storage for the last 5 years, so
that all my office furniture, internet tools, photography setup, etc will be
moved into that space (10 x 25 room in our garage).  We hope to have it
fixed by fall as a real office space, but for now, I have just got it
emptied so we can move everything in there Sunday.
We will still be able to take Credit Card orders and we are also working on
a new internet venue for our wares.  Unfortunately due to the arrangement,
our offerings of new Fenton  on eBay will have to cease because of the
inventory being at the Museum Gift shop.  We will instead have an internet
shop which we can control a bit better.

I  know I owe at least 5 people some glass.  It is going out this week.  I
have been just so busy with Rodney and he can't tolerate the shop.  It's
been a tough 6 months and I appreciate everyone's patience.  If there is
something that you have ordered and not gotten, drop me an email and remind
me please!<G>

So next Monday we will be moving the inventory and the Gift Shop should be
re-opened next Tuesday as it has been closed for the last year while the
Museum is being readied for opening.  If you are in Lancaster, we invite you
to stop by.  It is on Main street, just 3 blocks from US 33 (Memorial Drive)
and should be open by September/October. (126 W Main St)

My goal has always been to work in conjunction with what will someday be one
of the largest Glass Museums in the mid-west.  I am thrilled at my new
arrangement with them and feel that both of us are in a win/win situation!

Thanks for reading!
Jennifer Smith