[Mccoypottery-talk] Warman's Cookie Jars by Mark F. Moran

~barb crews xmascookie@thecookiejar.net
Wed, 02 Mar 2005 17:17:00 -0600

Kevin,
Personally I do not like that cookie jar book and wouldn't be adverse
to  "discrediting" it.' But --

According to the Warman's McCoy Pottery book, this jar is shown next to a
reproduction and compared to it. The picture and information is
credited to Carol Seman and NM Xpress Newsletter.  I am sure that is where
the picture came from, since Carol and several others
also contributed to the Cookie Jar Book. It does say the paint has been
touched up, which is why it looks so good.

The checked apron jar also shows up (with very poor paint) in The Complete
Cookie Jar Book by Mike Schneider
Personally, I would never argue with Carol S. about a McCoy jar, she is
certainly an expert on the subject and has been for many years.

Why don't I like the book? I wrote a review back in December.
http://collectibles.about.com/od/booksreviewsreleases/gr/blwarmancjs.htm

~barb