[Mccoypottery-talk] Important info on McCoy, Shawnee, and Weller trademarks!!

McCoyPottery listmom@mccoypottery.com
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:13:32 -0500

I doubt the TM will stick... They never do... I've seen countless
applications and temporary status granted and taken away over the
years.  If someone would actually produce a new line of McCoy under a
new TM, that would be acceptable to me, assuming they were produced
and advertised as such... Simply acquiring a Trade Mark for no other
reason than to attempt to qualify reproduction pieces as the "real
McCoy" does not float my boat.

If that is what is going on, I do not see the mark holding.

On Jun 4, 2007, at 10:50 AM, david mcCoy wrote:

> I am wondering if Nelson and Billie could do anyting in court? I
> would be happy to donate to a legal fund!
>   Dave
>
> Jennifer <Capriherb@earthlink.net> wrote:
>   Why in the HELL can't our government protect this type of thing from
> happening?????
> Yes I'm MAD!

Regards,
The List Mom