[Mccoypottery-talk] Fw: Fw: Another SCAM to be Aware Of

Douglas Brown fayettevilledoug@yahoo.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:30:47 -0700 (PDT)

Watson.....you are so correct on this one....You may not need me before long...

T Walker <twalker37@triad.rr.com> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: Noel602004@aol.com
To: Davidwdsn56@aol.com
Cc: dmcar@atmc.net
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:52 PM
Subject: Fwd: Fw: Another SCAM to be Aware Of

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com. From: "mildred collins" <mcollins@gamewood.net>
To: "Sarah Reynolds" <ssr1941@verizon.net>
Subject: Fw: Another SCAM to be Aware Of
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:35:43 -0500

-----

: Another SCAM to be Aware Of

Please read and forward.

Do not dial 90# on your telephone. I dialed '0' and asked the operator
who confirmed that this was correct so please pass it on... (l also
checked out Snopes.com...this is true, and also applies to cell phones!)

PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

I received a telephone call last evening from an individual identifying
himself as an AT&T Service Technician (could also be Telus) who was
conducting a test on the telephone lines. He stated that to complete the
test I should touch nine(9), zero(0), the pound sign (#), and then hang
up. Luckily, I was suspicious and refused.

Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing
90#, you give the requesting individual full access to your Telephone
line, which enables them to place long distance calls billed to your
home Phone number.

I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many
local jails/prisons.
DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE.

The GTE Security Department requested that I share this information with
EVERYONE I KNOW.

After checking with Verizon they said it was true, so do not dial 90#
for anyone !!!!! PLEASE HIT THAT FORWARD BUTTON AND PASS THIS ON TO
EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!
--

Douglas Brown