[Mccoypottery-talk] Fw: Fw: Another SCAM to be Aware Of

T Walker twalker37@triad.rr.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:37:40 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C76CCA.512E4950

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Noel602004@aol.com=20
To: Davidwdsn56@aol.com=20
Cc: dmcar@atmc.net=20
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:52 PM
Subject: Fwd: Fw: Another SCAM to be Aware Of

-----
AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from=
 AOL at AOL.com.=20=

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C76CCA.512E4950
	filename="Fw_ Another SCAM to be Aware Of.eml"

From: "mildred collins" <mcollins@gamewood.net>
To: "Sarah Reynolds" <ssr1941@verizon.net>
Subject: Fw: Another SCAM to be Aware Of
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:35:43 -0500

-----=20

: Another SCAM to be Aware Of

Please read and forward.

  Do not dial 90# on your telephone. I dialed '0' and asked the operator
  who confirmed that this was correct so please pass it on... (l also
  checked out Snopes.com...this is true, and also applies to cell phones!)

  PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

  I received a telephone call last evening from an individual identifying
  himself as an AT&T Service Technician (could also be Telus) who was
  conducting a test on the telephone lines. He stated that to complete the
  test I should touch nine(9), zero(0), the pound sign (#), and then hang
  up. Luckily, I was suspicious and refused.

  Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing
  90#, you give the requesting individual full access to your Telephone
  line, which enables them to place long distance calls billed to your
  home Phone number.

  I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many
  local jails/prisons.
  DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE.

  The GTE Security Department requested that I share this information with
  EVERYONE I KNOW.

  After checking with Verizon they said it was true, so do not dial 90#
  for anyone !!!!! PLEASE HIT THAT FORWARD BUTTON AND PASS THIS ON TO
  EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!
  --

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C76CCA.512E4950--