McCoy

Terry Kinsey mccoy@mccoypottery.com
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 08:51:21 -0600

>i do. did you know they are now mccoys' not by the original company?  mccoy
>didn't patent any of the molds and another company is now using them. i found
>that in a book that was recently written regarding antiques and collectibles
>listing some of them and their prices and also repo alerts.  susie

Yes, that is correct there is an individual I believe to live in Tennessee
who copyrighted the
Mark and since McCoy never did  register the Mark is now producing not only
reproductions of the McCoy but putting the Mark on Cookie Jars such as the
Little Red Riding Hood that was made by/for Hull Pottery and selling them.
The Items such as this should have a copyright symbol on the jar also which
is a small circle with a c inside the circle.  If you are a purist then
have caution in the purchase of items to make sure it is a McCoy and not a
repro.  If you want an item that you could not find otherwise than the
repro may be for you.  There are a lot of people including the McCoy family
(of the Nelson McCoy Pottery) that detest the reproductions.  Cheers!  Terry

www.mccoypottery.com

                                            Access to McCoy Pottery Online
information

   Site Now hosted at < www.mia.net>, Graphics and web hosting on the
Macintosh. Web page
                                                      design by Kingbloom
Design

                  All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their
respective owners.
                      < www.mccoypottery.com> is meant only as an
information source