Cataloging Collection

Bob Vogel rfv2020@avalon.net
Wed, 02 Dec 1998 20:31:20 -0600

Lee Peedin wrote:

> Sorry about that computer lingo, but I live
> with these things all day.  The applications
> I were referring to are part of the MicroSoft
> Office Suite.  If you've got it, you got some
> powerful tools.  If you don't and have
> survived so far without it, then you're
> probably better off - it's kinda expensive.

What would be a good start, book wise, for a computer geek want to be to
start with? Do they have anything like "Computers For Dummies"? I need
to really start getting this together. My sister works for MicroSoft.
Maybe she can get me a deal on it at the company store. How much are YOU
talking as far as expensive?

> As far as cataloging, I guess that's just a
> personal desire.  Right now I could tell you
> where every piece of our collection came
> >from and how much we paid for it, but as I
> get older and the collection grows, I was
> afraid I'd lose track.  My main purpose was
> so that my children and grandchildren (if we
> ever have any) will know which pieces are
> 'family' and which ones where purchased.

I'm in the same boat here. I'd also like it for insurance in case of
fire, ect.

> Speaking of 'family' pieces, I have a small
> planter (Dutch Girl with sprinkler beside
> fence) and a wall pocket (Bird House with 2
> blue birds) that are only marked USA.
> Recently while scanning through the
> Schroders Price Guide I found both of these
> described in the Shawnee section.  Was
> pleased to find out what they were.  They
> both belonged to my Grandmother and my
> Father says they've been around as long as he
> can remember.  The Dutch Girl planter still
> has the price tag on the bottom (.25)
> During Thanksgiving I was looking at a
> picture of my Grandparents and guess what
> was setting on the table - a matte white
> lamp.  I remembered it when I saw the
> picture, but no one seems to know where it
> is now.
>
> Who was it that was looking for the white
> lamp - must it be McCoy or will any 'old'
> lamp do.  Will keep my eye out at the
> auctions.

It was me me me me me me me me me me me! I'd really like to find a matte
glaze lamp for my wife for Christmas (that's looking bleek). I of course
would prefer McCoy but you know. I really like the earth tones.

Best, Bob