No subject

EARPLUG2@aol.com EARPLUG2@aol.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:26:37 EST

In a message dated 3/6/0 5:02:24 PM, listmom@mccoypottery.com writes:

<<
It always has been (polite that is).  Look, I have been doing this for
over three years now.  I moderate a lot of lists, and you do not ever see
half of the abuse that leaves me on the receiving end in the course of a
day.  I cannot tell you how many emails I get sent Directly to me
demanding that I "unsubscribe" someone, or that I am going to face
federal prosecution if I do not remove them.  Most of these comments are
quite vulgar and written in anger, rather than out of confusion.  I am
truly sorry if you think I have offended anyone, however, the fact
remains that there should be no reason that someone could not remove
themselves from this list.  After all, they got on it.

I understand that the wife, for instance, may have subscribed and forgot
about it, while the husband is going crazy trying to figure out how to
get off of the list.  All I ask is that when you are confused in life you
step back, take a deep breath, and think.  The answer to the problem, is
always in the problem.

It is flat out rude to send unsubscribe messages to a mailing list.  I
have said time and time again, that if you have having troubles, please
do email me directly at: listmom@mccoypottery.com and I will be more than
happy to help.  100% of the time though, I find no problems what so ever,
and have always been able to without a single problem, even though I get
year."  Hogwash!  I can go back into the logs of the list server and find
either no record of them ever sending a single request to the list
server, or and this is most common.  They send a request to the list
server to be unsubsribed from an email address that is NOT subscribed to
this list.

>These remarks to "Bob," and previous remarks to others, were uncalled for,
>ext
>remely unprofessional, and not funny........especially to the recipients,
>I'm
>sure.

Believe me, I am not trying to be funny, though I do get quite a chuckle
out of the lack of brain cells lurking on the net today.  All I ask is
that people grasp that old, and nearly lost of concept of thinking.
There are several hundred people on this list, and thousands on others
that I moderate that do NOT have difficulty figuring things out,
especially when we have simple instructions listed at the bottom of every
single email from this list.

Regards,

The List Mom

Yes, I can see how frustrating it must be. But, there are certain venues
where carping about such frustrations are appropriate: Out drinking with
friends, at the office, or at home. Being frustrated and derisive via a list
that everyone will read is unnecessary.