[Mccoypottery-talk] Cookie Jar Set

BarbCrews barbc@thecookiejar.net
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 15:52:20 -0600

Hi..
Here is an old history on Treasure Craft I did a few years ago.

http://collectibles.about.com/hobbies/collectibles/library/articles/aa091697.htm
Not sure how much info you want but:
TC has been through many changes in the past few years. It was purchased by
Pfaltzgraff and then sold to three main principals that were with the
original TC company. They operated the company for about a year or two and
had to sell it last year. It is now owned by a
company in Spokane Washington, who is still using the TC name on the cookie
jars. (I am blank right now on the company name, but it is known for
selling plastic housewares, etc. -- not collectibles or ceramics)

Many of their older pieces are reminiscent of the old Twin Winton pieces,
e.g. brown, etc. but those items have never really grown much
in values.
One of the original designers of TC, also was with Holt Howard in the
beginning and helped design some of those pieces.  I am going to e doing
another interview with him in the next week.
bc