[Mccoypottery-talk] McCoy Fakes and Repros

NAUSETLITE@aol.com NAUSETLITE@aol.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:23:38 EST

Hi Kim,

YES, this McCoy Snow White cookie jar DID have the handwritten word McCoy
marked under the glaze in the bottom and it looks exactly like the real
McCoy
mark.  People are copying all of these marks without a problem.  The crazing
they do is just a technique to make it look old.  That is why when an
auction
listing says "marked McCoy" and even has a picture of the mark, you must
check your reference books to make sure it is a piece that McCoy even made!
It's frustrating and very time consuming for us buyers and collectors but
sellers are getting away with it apparently and the repros are coming from
some place, just wish I knew where!  To me, it's the honest seller that list
it but tells that it's "not in the collector's books" or "we looks in such
and such a McCoy collector's book and couldn't locate it".  Hope this
helps..Barb

Please include this email or a brief description of the item you purchased
in your return emails.  ALSO... PLEASE include your name and address!!

I accept the following payment types: Cashier's check, money orders or
credit card payments via www.paypal.com

Should you choose to pay with cashiers check or money order, my name/address
is:

Kim Taylor
P.O. Box 34
Greenfield, Mo.  65661