[Mccoypottery-talk] types of auctions??

acp acpearce@io.com
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 19:20:46 -0700

I'm terrible at auctions.  I'm actually afraid of them.  I  often go
"look" ahead
of time, but never go to bid.  I'm always afraid I'll bid "accidently"
or if online,
that I'll win the bid and then learn there's something I didn't realize
and end
up having to pay more than if I'd have just gone to the local store.

My one experience with winning an e-bay bid, was not positive.  The seller
kept stalling about shipping the item and so I finally lost all my lead
time and
had to just go buy the camera outright and paid more than I would have,
ordinarily.  :-(

All this to explain that I really have no knowledge of auctions and so
it's not
too strange for me to ask this question --

What, on earth, is a dutch auction and what does it have to do with keeping
the bidding alive?
:-)
acp