[Mccoypottery-talk] I guess I'm even more naive ;-)

acp acpearce@io.com
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:15:47 -0500

LeeLaH5@aol.com wrote:

> I guess I'm just really naive. I didn't even know you could hide your
> feedback. I would surely be very suspicious of someone who doesn't
> want me to see their feedback. LOL As far as the shill bidding. Would
> it really be worth it to do that with all the listings she has? She
> would have to pay final value fees on all of it. I'm just totally
> amazed. LOL
> LeeAnn

Ok.  I have to ask.  I saw one post go by about "shill bidding", but thought
I'd let it pass, as not to appear "uneducated".  But here it is again.
 So --
WHAT on earth is shill bidding????

Remember I am deathly afraid of auctions (the real ones where you might
raise your arm and end up with a yacht or something), so I am not privy to
auction lingo.

I did attend an estate auction a few months ago.  This one had those
terrible auctioneers who try to disguise what they are saying, so you'll
bid when you don't mean to.  ;-)     And there were several family members
running around.  I didn't know who they were at first, but later on, the
crowd was rumbling with info that the family was bidding on the items to
drive up the prices.   So,  is THAT what shill bidding is???

And also, BTW, where did the name "shill" come from?
:-)
acp