[Mccoypottery-talk] Pay pal is VERY maddening

acp acpearce@io.com
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:10:46 -0700

I recently tried to change the credit card on my account, but my
password seemed to be hosed.  So, stupidly sent email to the
support folks and got no help.  Next I closed the old account and
opened a new one, putting the other credit card on it.
Then they notified me they would take the "startup" fee from that
credit card and there would be some stupid number somewhere
I'd have to dig out and write down and then remember to go
back to the paypal form and put in that stupid number, in order
for them to activate the new account.

That is SOOOOOOOO  idiotic.  Well, I've never bothered to
look for the stupid number, so my new PayPal acct. is out there,
and not active.   And they probably did charge my credit card.

I emailed support trying to get them to just reinstate the old
account, but they sent me a form letter back and I still have
no PayPal account.

I had one for years and hardly ever used it.  Now, I'd like to
use it and I don't have one.

The PayPal people are complete idiots and about as customer
oriented as Jack the Ripper.  :-(
Has anyone ever been able to call them to get them to resolve
a problem??  If so, what number did you call??

Is there an alternative to PayPal???

acp
---------