[Mccoypottery-talk] Welcome

Mark Jennings mjtn@bellsouth.net
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 23:15:40 -0500

Vicki,

Thanks for the words of encouragement re: my website. And your plans sound
great! What a way to live! :-) I live in a small town not all that far from
Nashville. I have family and friends there and I'm there on a pretty
regular basis. So, if you're ever going to be in the Nashville/middle
Tennessee area, let me know and I'll show you around. And that goes for the
others on the list, too!

As far as "tourist attractions" goes in my county, there are about 1,800 -
1,900 Amish people, and "The Farm" (a commune with a couple thousand
left-over hippies from the late 60's). And then there's David Crockett
State Park. You could go RV'ing there. It's a nice place --- more than
1,100 acres. There's a good area for RV's with connections including
everything from the basics to all the frills! There's tons of walking
trails, bike trails, an archery range, a 20(something) acre lake where you
can fish on one end while others are paddle boating and the kids are
feeding ducks on the other, a big creek running through the park where, at
one point there's a small waterfall, and at another point nearby there's a
covered bridge to drive through. Other attractions at the park include a
nice restaurant, an olympic sized swimming pool and a in-ground/permanent
"kiddie" pool, an outdoor amphitheater, lots of playgrounds, baseball
fields, an exercise trail that goes out into the woods with exercise
equipment along the way (including instructions on how to use it, how to
take your heart rate, what it should be at that point, etc.). There are
always tons of deer as well as smaller wildlife to see, etc., etc., etc.

Y'all come! ;-)

mj