[Mccoypottery-talk] Welcome

Chris Jubic cjubic@nycap.rr.com
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 01:35:30 -0700

I dont know how far from Nashville it is, but I did visit Memphis once and =
was really impressed with the hills and the lush greenery all along the hig=
hways. In some places it looked like the hanging Gardens of Babylon. Just b=
eautiful! We did visit Elvis's House at Graceland,...but that was long ago =
and before he died.  He was on tour at the time.=20
Chris=20

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Mark Jennings=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 9:15 PM
  Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] Welcome

  Vicki,=20

  Thanks for the words of encouragement re: my website. And your plans soun=
d great! What a way to live! :-) I live in a small town not all that far fr=
om Nashville. I have family and friends there and I'm there on a pretty reg=
ular basis. So, if you're ever going to be in the Nashville/middle Tennesse=
e area, let me know and I'll show you around. And that goes for the others =
on the list, too!

  As far as "tourist attractions" goes in my county, there are about 1,800 =
- 1,900 Amish people, and "The Farm" (a commune with a couple thousand left=
-over hippies from the late 60's). And then there's David Crockett State Pa=
rk. You could go RV'ing there. It's a nice place --- more than 1,100 acres.=
 There's a good area for RV's with connections including everything from th=
e basics to all the frills! There's tons of walking trails, bike trails, an=
 archery range, a 20(something) acre lake where you can fish on one end whi=
le others are paddle boating and the kids are feeding ducks on the other, a=
 big creek running through the park where, at one point there's a small wat=
erfall, and at another point nearby there's a covered bridge to drive throu=
gh. Other attractions at the park include a nice restaurant, an olympic siz=
ed swimming pool and a in-ground/permanent "kiddie" pool, an outdoor amphit=
heater, lots of playgrounds, baseball fields, an exercise trail that goes o=
ut into the woods with exercise equipment along the way (including instruct=
ions on how to use it, how to take your heart rate, what it should be at th=
at point, etc.). There are always tons of deer as well as smaller wildlife =
to see, etc., etc., etc.

  Y'all come! ;-)

  mj=20