[Mccoypottery-talk] Check out eBay item 2621143635 (Ends Mar-19-03 18:45:45 PST ) - McCOY RARE PU

John Melson jemmelson39@yahoo.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:27:46 -0800 (PST)

   Thanks Mike an everbody elses infro. I am just saden an things like they are . John
 "M. Caudill" <mcaudill@kih.net> wrote:John,In the past year I've bought over 100 items by internet.  Six were damaged or totally lost (2).  On four of them, I filed the insurance claim thru the post office and recovered everything but the cost of the insurance.  On another, the seller claimed the S&P were in the original box but when it arrived, the box was crushed.  I had sent money to cover insurance, but he didn't buy it.  I NEVER give feedback on eBay until I've checked out the merchandise, so I contacted him and we worked it out with him sending me another boxed set as replacement.  The other item described "two small chips" but I counted over seven when it arrived (some new).  I contacted them and asked for a price adjustment.  They said to send it back for a refund.  I did, and they filed the USPS claim as if it had been damaged on the return shipping.   To file a USPS claim, you have to have a receipt and the ORIGINAL green insurance receipt.  Most times, small post offices where they know the cutomers are more friendly than the large mega-centers.  Mine is so small, the postmaster had to dig thru two piles of forms to find her claim filing materials.  I think I was the first one in months. Keep ordering, but use the feedback;  save your paperwork and file claims when you have to.  You usually don't recover everything, but you don't lose as much.  I still like yard sales best - you see the material, you get better prices, and there's no postage.Mike