[Mccoypottery-talk] Check out eBay item 2621143635 (Ends Mar-19-0318:45:4...

John Melson jemmelson39@yahoo.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:33:17 -0800 (PST)

Hello vicki ,i listen to your e-mail an i seem to be where you were , nobody caares an you no what i never cheated anybody out of a red cent my whole life an when ssomeboddy does it to you it doesn't seem right an nobody listens.Just for thought thee is a lady in Pa. that was my first online buying experence.She will not answer my e-mails or anything ,I guess it is because she all ready gott my money .But you see i am not shy an i wwill leave some feedback but it will only be the truth. Just like the lady in PA. i gave her till today to make things right but guess what ,,,,no repley ,no e-mail or no refund so i tell myself what do i care abbout her online selling ?I am a honest guy but i think i really have to give her some feedback be good or bad it is on her .........sorrye-mail is so long      i hate to do it to her but i think i have too ,,,,John
 VSMITHW@aol.com wrote:Last fall, I was the high bidder on a McCoy fish planter.  I bid $195.50...paid $204.50 with shipping (to Minnesota from Findley, Ohio) and when the fish arrived, I knew it was a fake.  (I sent a brief message to this board about it.)  I already own four "real" McCoy fish planters...the one that I'd purchased was significantly smaller and in a color that looked nothing like the picture...a color that McCoy has never used.  (I think it was an attempt to make it appear to be "periwinkle".)

I tried everything I could to address the issue with the seller...he simply ignored every message.  I then followed instructions to get my claim paid by eBay...followed all of the notice requirements, even as I attempted to resolve the issue with the seller.  I did not post negative feedback for the seller during this time (and actually ended up losing the opportunity to do so, figuring that getting my money back was more important.)

As eBay was following up on the issue (mediation didn't work, seller wouldn't respond to anyone) on the last day, the seller contacted me and offered to refund my money.  eBay backed off and I dealt, once again, with the seller. He insisted that I return the fish before he would send refund...so I did.  It was worth nothing to me and seemed to be "cojones" to him.  I sent the package with a return receipt...then wrote to "remind" him that I expected payment immediately.  After spending more than $30 in shipping charges and countless hours online, I did receive a money order for $195.50 to cover my original bid.

It was an obnoxious and very lengthy process...took almost 5 months.  But - it was worth it to get my original bid back  And, after purchasing almost 150 items on eBay, I'm happy to say it was my first bad experience.  The end result, though, is that I'm unlikely to purchase any more McCoy pottery on eBay again, given all the reproductions and fakes that are out there.  I'd certainly buy from someone I've bought from previously or someone I know from this board...otherwise, I'm skeptical.

Vicki