[Mccoypottery-talk] Hi guys

McQuita@aol.com McQuita@aol.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:50:51 EST

I guess I lost the point, I thought a statement was made about onlyhigh
dollar items being reproduced....sure Bobby baker is a cookie jar, a jar that
realistically doesn't bring more than 30.00 in the market place today...Why
reproduce it then?  I see double tulip vases , the short version
reproduced...that's not an extrememly high dollar item....Flower pots have
been reproduced...they're not a high dollar item.  Educate yourselves on
what's being re-done by whoever...Ebay is not going to educate us... This is
about McCoy, their reproductions and us as collectors....Sure, Nelson and
Billie have been hurt by this....the collectors have been hurt as well. It's
up to us to educate ourselves and each other on this topic.  To my
nknowledge, none of the McCoy marks were trademarked by Nelson during the
working years...perhaps by lcc or other owners....