[Mccoypottery-talk] Listing

j b cyclops-eyesonly@msn.com
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 16:44:39 -0600

I have done the same, which is part of the reason I avoid ebay. The other p=
art is that some of those "power sellers" can be down right scary.

James
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: MidwestVintage@aol.com<mailto:MidwestVintage@aol.com>=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com<mailto:mccoypottery-talk@lis=
ts.mccoypottery.com>=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 2:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] Listing

    I don't think the feedback means there have not been problems.  Take me=
 for instance.  I hate to cause problems.=20=20
       One teapot I bought was supposed to be mint.  When I received it the=
re was a large chip and a hairline.  There was no material in the packing a=
nd you could tell the chip had been there for along time.  When I emailed t=
he seller he blasted me!  Called me a liar and said it had been in one piec=
e when he mailed it to me.  Reminded me I had gotten it for a good price.  =
I replied that yes the price had been good, but that I would not have even =
bid had I known the teapot was chipped and cracked.  It was very nasty.  I =
couldn't turn it into insurance because nothing happened to the pot from sh=
ipping.  Did I leave him negative feedback?  No, the man frightened me.  I =
knew he would leave me nasty feedback also.  Plus I kept getting nasty emai=
ls from him.  I tried to go through ebay to get it resolved but did not wan=
t to spend $20.00 to get my $18.00 back.  That's another crock by the way! =
 I know, I am chicken.  I just am very careful about buying now.  In my sto=
re we have a money back if the item is not as described.  I describe everyt=
hing accurately and I guess I expected everyone else to do the same.
     So anyway I don't think I am the only one out there who doesn't leave =
the feedback when they are not a good seller.  Although I always leave feed=
back for a good seller I do hedge for a bad one.

                                 Julia