[Mccoypottery-talk] ebay seller wannabe

MidwestVintage@aol.com MidwestVintage@aol.com
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:47:24 EST

    I started out on e-bay about 4 years ago and it is pretty simple to start
up.  I have since opened a shop on Ruby Lane which is easier for me and I get
better prices due to our store policies.  I never have charged a handling
fee, That is figured into the price I ask.  I also always include a receipt,
business card and a thank you for shopping card.  Packing is the key and making
your description accurate.  I hate buying an item on-line and finding a hairline
or crack that wasn't mentioned.  I get peanuts from the hospital free,
wrapping paper from the local newspaper and boxes anywhere I can.  Bubble pak is the
most expensive and hard to come by cheaply.
    I ship by what is the safest way.  USPS or parcel post.  I have had
terrible luck with UPS.  I do quite abit of international sales which is the
biggest headache.
   Good luck with your newest adventure.

                                       Julia

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/midwestvintage