[Mccoypottery-talk] ebay seller wannabe

Betty Nelson bettyfnelson@mchsi.com
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:49:08 -0600

AOL EmailI know I have stated this here before but I am going to repeat it =
for any that might have missed it.  I ship Priorty mail mostly and I have f=
ound that the strongest, lightest, cheapest packing materials is empty egg =
cartons.  I wrap the breakable items in a box, any box, even cereal boxes o=
r kleenex box.  No need to weigh a ton, just wrap securely and tightly.  Pu=
t your light weight box inside a shipping box, free for priority mail I lea=
rned last year.  Put an egg carton  or 2 under the inner box, make sure the=
 box is large enough to allow an egg carton on all sides and on the top sea=
l it and ship.  Do make sure you take the time to put a seperate address in=
side the package in case the outer lable gets torn off.  I just never have =
any breakage.  The psi rating of the egg cartons is far far higher than pea=
nuts, bubble wrap or the silly pillows of air.  Just get every one to save =
them for you.  Betty the Okie in Iowa
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: MidwestVintage@aol.com=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 4:47 PM
  Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] ebay seller wannabe

            I started out on e-bay about 4 years ago and it is pretty simpl=
e to start up.  I have since opened a shop on Ruby Lane which is easier for=
 me and I get better prices due to our store policies.  I never have charge=
d a handling fee, That is figured into the price I ask.  I also always incl=
ude a receipt, business card and a thank you for shopping card.  Packing is=
 the key and making your description accurate.  I hate buying an item on-li=
ne and finding a hairline or crack that wasn't mentioned.  I get peanuts fr=
om the hospital free, wrapping paper from the local newspaper and boxes any=
where I can.  Bubble pak is the most expensive and hard to come by cheaply.
            I ship by what is the safest way.  USPS or parcel post.  I have=
 had terrible luck with UPS.  I do quite abit of international sales which =
is the biggest headache.=20=20
           Good luck with your newest adventure.

                                               Julia

        http://www.rubylane.com/shops/midwestvintage=20