[Mccoypottery-talk] New ebayer

Tim Harlan tharlan@twinvalley.net
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:01:58 -0600

    I agree with List- Mom.    The completed auctions were for "Pig Cookie =
Jar'  , No claim to anything else.   Other than being possibly mistaken as =
to age.
     Current auctions are a little more misleading as to the McCoy Mammy Pi=
ebirds,   however they do appear to be engraved "McCoy".   Perhaps this per=
son is indeed a new seller and not aware of the difference.    I will give =
the benefit of doubt for the time being.
  Tim

  On Jan 26, 2005, at 9:49 PM, Walter McEntire wrote:

  > This one IS a low-life! Hasn't yet learned the fine
  > art of selling fakes... like NOT listing 2 of the same
  > thing at a time.... NOT actually calling something
  > old... which they did.  Needs to do a little
  > apprentice work with Faye...

  I guess I misunderstand.  These are two different items, they are=20
  listed as such, and are clearly both "Pig's" and both "cookie jars",=20
  but they are different.  The feedback is posted by the same person=20
  though, and is a bit over the top.  Given the low feedback of the=20
  person listing, and low sale price, I would say it is either friend, or=
=20
  perhaps the same person.  Anyway, neither the two auctions purport to=20
  be anything than they are, so I am not sure what makes them look like=20
  they are "fake".  Fake what?  They are just listed as pig cookie jars,=20
  not McCoy, or anything else that I can see.

  Regards,
  The List Mom
  McCoy Pottery Online
  http://www.mccoypottery.com